Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Fun

Yikes! This summer has flown by! I can't believe it is the middle of July already, and we are so not ready for school to start again. Here's a quick summary of our crazy-busy life during the past couple of months.

We started our summer fun early with a family trip to Cancun, Mexico in May. I was reluctant to pull Chandler out of a week of school, but I'm glad we did. Grandma Carol, Aunt Heidi, and cousins Noah and Talmage accompanied us on this adventure. The week was packed full of fun; swimming in the fancy pools with swim-up bars, snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, playing in the ocean, feeding the iguanas, touring Chichen Itza (or "Chicken Pizza" as the children liked to call it), and, of course, eating and drinking more than we thought possible. (I am ashamed of the quantity of frozen drinks I consumed.) I did plenty of reading under the shade umbrellas; my cracked knee cap didn't allow me to do much else, but I did manage to cool off in the pool and find a bargain or two at the Mexican market. Besides the miserable plane rides and traveler's diarrhea, we made many happy memories on this trip!

The last day of school we headed to Lake Havasu with our friends, the Pendletons. The boys had a great time fishing, we took walks on the pier and ate Hawaiian slushees, and we went to see Kung Fu Panda the day it opened. What a riot! The boys couldn't stop talking about how great it was, and even Chayce was getting in on the conversation by saying "Hi-yah" over and over again.

We went up to Utah the following week to say "good-bye" to the Clinton house forever. It was very bittersweet--being there with my whole family one last time was great, but I hated that it was because Mom and Dad were moving. I have a hard time with change, and it's difficult being far away from all of them. Sob! Sob!

We finished up with T-Ball and swimming lessons at the end of June, and took off on our annual Larson family trip to Lake Powell. Being on a houseboat with 25 people for a week is always grounds for a good time. The event we choose to forget on this vacation is poor Charlie's crash on the water weenie. Nothing like a visit to the ER to add a little excitement to the trip. He got irritated that he kept getting called "Old Broken Nose." After Kyle's broken ribs last year, and my mountain biking crash, I don't know if my poor heart can take any more injury trauma. I only hope we can last the rest of the summer without any more bodily harm.

We are back up in Utah now. The kids and I came up for Parker's baptism; Kyle didn't come because he is sick and had to work--wait, maybe he is just sick of work--who knows. Lisa helped me set up my blog today. Thanks, Lisa! I'm the worst at computer stuff. Whew! This is a lot of info! The next entry will be much shorter. I can't promise to be real consistent with updates, but I'll do my best. Take care! We love you all!

2 comments:

Grandma Chris said...

Love your blog - thanks for the great update and the super pictures. I am working on getting our family blog up and running - won't be as clever as yours, but at least it will be something.

Grandma Chris said...

Congratulations Chandler! You looked so handsome on your baptism day. Thanks for sending the pictures it was nice to see them. Maybe someone could send me a copy of the one of your family - it was great! Hope you liked your journal we sure wish we could have been there with you.

Love you all!

Cha-Cha-Cha!

Cha-Cha-Cha!